Happy New Year!
2015 was tough.
I’d be lying if I said it was just stressful.
Emotionally, I wasn’t in a good place and it’s taking time, but I’m coming around.
But 2015 was liberating.
It taught me a little more, about life, about myself.
I learned to stop looking at everyone else, ripping my life apart just because I see someone else following their passions. I learned to stop being so afraid to step out on faith and follow who I am and what I love. I’m taking the time to work through my own bullshit, one relationship at a time, starting with the one I have with myself.
I make resolutions every year, not because I’m particularly good at keeping up with them, but because I like to have a guideline for myself to look back on throughout the year about the things I want (or wanted) to improve about my life, my relationships and my future.
So here’s a list of some of the things I want for myself in this brand new year…
- Start taking time for yourself. It doesn’t have to be hours and hours each day, but there should be time, laid out each day, just for you.
- Spend more time making memories with those you love.
- Take care of yourself. Workout a few times a week, stop eating garbage. Get some sleep.
- Explore, travel, even if it’s just within the city you’re already in!
- Start saving, it doesn’t have to be for anything specific.
- Show people how much they matter to you.
- As cliche as it sounds, follow your dreams. This is the time. You’re young and unburdened, take advantage of that because it won’t last forever. Pretty sure, there’ll be obligations and expectations and unyielding responsibilities that snuff out opportunities before they can even fully form.
This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change….the time for bending to fear and insecurities are over. This is a year of chasing dreams and pursuing every opportunity. This year, I’m gonna be stronger, and a braver me.