The Liebster Award, which I hadn’t really heard about in my short time blogging, is an award created within the blogging community to people reading find some new blogs and connect with other bloggers. I am very suprised and honored to be nominated by Em Lehrer at The Keystroke Blog
Thank you very much for the award!
So Here are the Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
- Answer the ten questions the person who nominated you asked.
- Nominate 10 new bloggers that you want to share with the world.
- Then create ten new questions for the bloggers you are nominating
- Notify the bloggers that you have nominated by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are the answers to the questions, The Keystroke Blog asked:
Why did you decide to start blogging?
I decided to start blogging because I found myself writing a lot of letters to myself during the week, not dramatic Odyssey-length epics, but just little things to get me through the stressful times. Those letters started building up and I lost a couple, so I decided to write them out in a blog. A lot of them are saved as drafts on my blog and read over them pretty frequently. 🙂
How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging (seriously) at the beginning of this year in January. Before that, I posted here and there, but I started this blog this year.
What are the top three things you want to do in 2016?
The top three things that I want to do in 2016 are get another tattoo, get some of my photography published in an magazine (online or print) and take an impromptu road trip with friends.
What’s your biggest pet peeve?
It’s going to sound so random, but I hate it when someone is cooking food for themselves and other people and they taste it constantly. I don’t know why, I’m not a germophobe or anything but just the visual is really weird for me :))
If you could meet any person (alive or dead) who would it be and why?
I know that I should say Barack Obama or Ghandi or someone huge and influential, but I love Lana del Rey, her aesthetic, her music, everything, and so I would probably (read:definitely) want to meet her.
What is your favorite thing about yourself?
My favorite thing about myself is how calm I am under pressure and how effectively I can manage a pretty high volume of stress.
What is something you used to hate but now love?
I used to hate being in large groups of people. When I was in high school, I would get so overwhelmed and kept a really small group of friends. But now since I’ve started college, I love being out and hanging around lots of different people.
If you could choose a different name for yourself, what would it be?
Ok, I have actually thought about this a lot because I’ve never been a huge fan of my name (Ravine) so if I could change my name I would go with something like Riley or Cameron. (I am a huge fan of unisex names.)
What is something you can’t live without?
I can not live without my camera. It is by far my most prized possession. It’s basically glued to my hands.
What is something you want the world to know?
I want the world to know that life is incredibly too short overstressing about the future. There’s beauty in those big, uber-planned moments like graduating and getting married and starting a career but there’s also so much life in those 2am phone calls with friends, watching movies in your pajamas with siblings or just sitting outside reading a book in the rain. The little moments are the most real, even though they are the ones we so often undervalue and forget about.
Here are my nominees:
My questions for the nominees:
1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
2. What is your favorite book to read and why?
3. What is your favorite movie to watch?
4. Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
5. What is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to you?
6. How would your friends describe you?
7. What does your perfect day look like?
8. If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, which would it be?
9. What was your dream job growing?
10. Who is your favorite celebrity?
Congratulations to everyone nominated! Be sure to check out each others blogs, and leave a link to your Liebster post in the comments below! I can’t wait to read your answers!